[AGA-Member] Potassium

I have determined that I need potassium in my tank.  Nitrate and phosphate
are at acceptable levels.  Probably have a little more nitrate than I need as
I have some algae.  Because of a suggestion from an article in a magazine I
got some lite salt.  I want to confirm that I can use this in my tank as it
has more than just potassium chloride.  It also contains: mostly salt,
calcium silicate, magnesium carbonate, dextrose, and potassium iodide.

What does anyone think or know?
--
Peace and love,

Paula