Fw: [AGA-Member] Pre-announcement 2006 Convention, Field Trip Question

Not to Pick on the Monteray Bay Aquarium but don't really recommend as a field trip. That's unless we have a lot of people into Oceanography. Was just there last year and was not really impressed. Prefer our first conventions aquarium. Good old Tennessee a lot better.
----- Original Message -----
From: Erik Olson<mailto:erik@thekrib.com>
To: aga-member@thekrib.com<mailto:aga-member@thekrib.com>
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 6:48 PM
Subject: [AGA-Member] Pre-announcement 2006 Convention, Field Trip Question

Hi folks,

We literally *just* signed the hotel contract today, so this announcement
is about as early as it can be...  The 2006 Aquatic Gardeners Convention
will be held at the San Francisco Airport Sheraton, the weekend of
November 11th, 2006.  We're arranging speakers and field trips now, so
expect a bigger announcement in a couple weeks.  But I thought for those
waiting and bugging us for the last year, we'd give y'all the opportunity
to mark your calendars.

We're also putting up a poll to judge interest in field trip options.
There is some interest in having a trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, even
with the 2 hour drive each way, so I'd like to know amongst folks planning
to attend what they think of this.  Visit the forum's Announcement section
to answer the poll (or e-mail me back personally if you prefer).

   - Erik

--
Erik Olson
erik at thekrib dot com