Re: Why did they kill the eggs!! :-(

Phil,
If the Kribs are remaining in the spawning site they may be tending to the
wrigglers.
As to the Jewel spawn I don't know.  Did you actually witness her eating the
eggs.  When the female knows the eggs are hatching she has to give them a
helping hand so to speak. This gives you the impression she is eating the
eggs where in fact she is removing the wrigglers from the eggs and then she
places them 'somewhere safe'.
What catfish (if any) do you have in the same tank?
As Gabriella suggested yesterday remove excess species.  If the present tank
is large enough place a divider in the tank then you will have two species
tanks.  Ensure filtration is adequate on both sides of the divider.  You
will of course require at least another tank to eventually rear the fry when
success happens which it will with those two particular species.
Helen