RE: Why did they kill the eggs!! :-(

Thanks for the info.. The Kribs has left the nest so I probably should have
opened the nest up and took out the baby Kribs if there were some. By now
the Kribs must have ate them for they are now freely swimming around the
tank.
 The 2 Jewels are doing the mating dance and are real red again so maybe
they are going to try it again. This was the first spawn for each of the
species.

The 2 species seem to tolerate each other pretty good the tank is a 20GH
with 50% plants. The plants are very thick and go about half way up the
tank. The jewels took the planted side and the Kribs took the rocky side.
They tolerate each other well until one get close to the center line and
then they get chased back.

The cat is a tiny little baby Cory about 3/4 " in size. I also have a
Chinese algae eater and today seen something remarkable.. it chased the
large jewel off and actually attached itself to the side of the male ( just
for a second). It did this about 3 times until the jewel finally stayed away
from it. It was funny because the 2 jewel's seemed to rule the tank during
spawning.

Thanks again
Phil