Eggs have happened!

Hello all,

first, I would like to say thank you to everyone who has provided me
with information, and just thanks to everyone on the list for
providing so much helpful knowledge with respect to dwarf cichlids.
I must have learned something: my altispinosa have spawned!

I would still be totally stumped on gender if it weren't for the fact
that the female is now "skinny" and is actively guarding the eggs
(conveniently located on a rock near the front of the tank for easy
viewing).  The dorsal fin on both the male and female of the pair is
pointed on the trailing edge, although the male has developed a
rather long filament on that trailing edge.  The aggression level in
the tank has dropped significantly, and the third fish is no longer
being hassled unless it gets too close to the clutch.  It does seem
avidly interested in getting close to the eggs, and I can imagine if
the female were less vigilant they might be eaten.  At the current
tank temp of 78 deg. F, approximately how long might it take the eggs
to hatch?  If they do hatch, what can I feed the fry?  I have no hope
of hatching any brine shrimp nauplii in time (or any time, for that
matter...I'm hopeless at that sort of thing)--the debate over feeding
fry on flake may well be academic, but it's all I've got, besides
perhaps adding in a dose of mulm from another of my tanks and hoping
the microfauna will suffice.  Has anyone tried that trick with
success?  The spawning tank is well established but rather "clean",
because it's had very low light and stocking levels forever and
doesn't have too much in the way of grazing material for hungry fry.

Anyway, I think I'll be able to curb my questions once the fry hatch!
 In the meantime, all I can ask of you is patience.

Thanks, and as always suggestions are appreciated

Sarah LeGates