Re: Shell Dwellers?

dominic stones wrote:

> Also, can anyone give me any information on A. elizabethae? As in how hard
> to keep,

Not hard to keep in acid, moderately soft water. Breeding is another matter
altogether. A good information source is Römer, 1999, Introducing Apistogramma
elizabethae Kullander, 1980, Cichlid News 8(2): 27-31.

> where to get them, what should i expect to pay? I can't afford any
> new intros right now, but i'm making a wish list.

Cost will vary according to where you live and what your connections are
(wholesale vs. retail). Around here, if I want a pair I'd expect to pay $100.
They are cheaper elsewhere and more expensive in others. The cost reflects the
expense of collecting & shipping wild specimens and the difficulty of breeding
this species.

Mike Wise