RE: off topic ditherings II: dither?

If the naming comes from the cichlids point of view, much like the other
naming 'Target Fish', the use of 'dither' could imply the lack of decision
making in the cichlids point of view: "I'll go for that one, no wait a
minute, I'll go for that one, em no that one, what's going on here, I'm
confused.... Okay just settle down, act cool.., a wee puff of my gills,
that's it, now down to the bottom.... Oh there they are again, should I
chase them, yeah."

Another use of 'dither' could of course be aimless.

But in reality there aim in the tank is just to move about with no purpose,
'to dither about'. I don't really know who coined the phrase but its been
around for at least 20 years or so.

Scot:-)