From: CarlHans@aol.com [mailto:CarlHans@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2000 1:42 PM
To: apisto@majordomo.pobox.com
Subject: Re: Apisto Beginner

Walter:

I still consider myself a beginner apisto-keeper.  I have a tank almost
identical to what you propose, but it's taken me longer to come to the
realization that your setup could be close to the ideal.  I'd skip the
angelfish, as they'll grow too large for the other fish.  Caucatoides seems
to prefer slightly more alkaline water than that preferred by the neons and
the rummynose, though, but I've not noticed a problem with any in my water
(pH 6.5, about 2-3 degrees hardness, 78 deg f.).  My only other comment is
have roots, rocks, and plants break up the line of sight along the bottom so

the female apistos may have separate territories.

Carl

In a message dated 01/25/2000 4:05:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,