re: Apisto Beginner

Hi Walter,

Looking at your size of tank (and I thought that 1 gallon = +/- 4L), I think
that you could better skip the angelfish because they will get to big and I
think your population is a bit too big. On the other hand, I combine 5
angelfish with my apisto's in a heavily planted 250L tank and this is a nice
combination. In the cave-, rock-, wood- and dense planted area you can find
the apisto female's territorium, so she was hardly disturbed by the angelfish
when she spawned, because they prefer more my open swimming area and my
"vallisneriawood". Watch out for putting small fish with a cackatoo male, I
recently had the bad experience of my male killing 3 young (1.5 cm) Corydoras
paleatus!

Raf Mols - Belgium