Re: Husbandry of A. panduro

In a message dated 1/26/2000 12:30:24 PM Mountain Standard Time,
bkemker@mailer.fsu.edu writes:

> I think I would remove the "devil reincarnate" from the tank for starters
>  ASAP.  I would also do a large water change to remove any hormones from the
>  water.  Perhaps drop the temp down to 76 degrees F.  I would add some
>  Instant Ocean or equivalent to aid in injury repair.   All of this should
>  "chill" the tank out a little.

This will start a war- but here goes-

IMHO, I would take out the other male, and watch closely to see which female
becomes the dominant one.  These guys are really hard on conspecifics and
won't survive with more than a pair per tank.  If you don't take out the
"losers", you will end up with only one pair in the tank anyway.  Shifting
the weaker pair to a second tank will leave you with two breeding pairs.

Bob Dixon