A. macilienis

Mike,
    Last year I picked up 6-A. macilienis from Delores Schehr. Upon arriving
home I see in the Mayland/Deiter book that it is a form of A. trifasciata.
Although the "red tail" version looks very much like the "Rio Mamore" that I
already had and am breeding now. The top photo "blue" male looks like what I
have. I have heard that this is now it's own species. True or false?
    Now! After spawning (in a 1/2" PVC tube no less) the female is leading
around a small group of fry. BUT I have never seen these colors on a brooding
female before or maybe I just wasn't looking that close. Besides the normal
black markings, she has an aqua sheen to her dorsal and also behind the black
on her ventral fin. Some aqua also shows up in part of the anal fin. There
also is, at some times, a solid black line that extends from where her
pectoral fin attaches to the body down to where the anal fin begins. It is
not a lateral line as it actually does slant downward.
    Any comments?
        Don "Z-Man" Zilliox