caetei? (A. sp. Wangenflecken??)

In a message dated 1/31/2000 11:30:18 AM Eastern Standard Time, kl@roe.ac.uk
writes:

> you say they are a form of caetei, but they seem to be much smaller than
>  caetei.
>
>  Isn't caetei one of the smallest apistos, reaching a max of 6cmTL?  My male
>  is small at about 5cmTL.  Also if they have been selectively bred for
colour
>  that could decrease the size.

i don't have much experience with caetei, but once someone gave me a pair
that didn't live long.  they were not big (about 1 1/2" - 4 cm) but they were
compact (somewhat deep bodied).  the "blue headed" ones i have seen are much
slimmer and smaller.  i kept some for a short period only.  maybe they grow
bigger... but my impression was that they were much smaller.

tsuh yang chen, nyc, USA