Re: A. sp. Wangenflecken??

Regarding the names most of the stores label their fish as: I am very good
friend with a large local store. They have almost 400 retail tanks and more
than that in the basement for the wholesale plus 20 or so "kiddie pools" of
plants. I often get to see the fish list from wholesale suppliers and
trans-shippers from SA and almost 90% of the Apisto's are listed as A.
agassizi or A. borelli. When I go back to see the fish upon delivery they are
most always some other species of Apisto along with the Agassizi and Borelli.
That's how the big chain stores must receive them but then are unable to
label them correctly. It's much easier for collectors in SA to label them
Agassizi instead of taking the time to sort them out when there may be a
half dozen different species being dumped into the same holding vat at the
shipping location.
    Maybe I'm wrong about this but it could be at least one answer regarding
those names.
    Z-Man