Re: A. sp. Wangenflecken??

In a message dated 2/1/2000 10:47:37 AM Eastern Standard Time, kl@roe.ac.uk
writes:

> There appears some confusion as to whether the fish being discussed is
>  A.borellii, sp. wangenfleck or the "blue head" domestic form of caetei.
>  Have a look at http://www.thekrib.com/Apisto/A-borellii.html  which shows
>  three specimens of borellii.  Two of the ones shown (which are natural
>  colour varieties) have blue and red markings on the gill covers.  The "blue
>  head" A.caetei I've seen have blue markings right over the whole head.

ken, i was referring to the fish that is "blue headed" (which looks more like
the one in vinny's page (http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/5491).  the fish
i see in stores is definitely NOT a borelli.

however, the "blue headed" apisto may not be the one in vinny's picture, but
as others have said, a cross of caetei.

tsuh yang chen, nyc, USA