OT: crying for an old guy

In the year that Brazil is completing 500 years of discovering, one of the oldest Brazilian trees, a "Jequitiba-rosa" (Cariniana legalis), with an estimated age of 1.500 years, 54 m (180’) high, lose his last fight.

In october/1997 somebody, that I’m hardly believe belongs to human-kind, just for fun, puts fire at his base. The fire consumed 80% of his centre, besides the efforts of various volunteers that tried to save the old guy. Yesterday morning (31/jan) all his branches felled at once.

Lucio Leoni, professor of the College of Philosophy, Sciences and Letters of Carangola, proposes the foundation of a Living Museum with the fallen branches, maintaining living all the epiphytes that grown in it (orchids, cacti, bromeliads, etc.).

More details you can find at http://www.jt.com.br/noticias/00/mes/dia/ge12.htm (in Portuguese).

Sorry, but I needed talk about this. Although this end was expected I’m crying for him.

Zeco