Aggro Dwarf

Title: Seans WebSite navigation tool!
Hi,

I'm new to keeping dwarf cichlids and have just purchased what I hope are a male and female blue rams.
They are in a rather small 10g tank and after reading recent posts I am thinking this may not be such a good idea especially after seeing the larger male displaying some aggressive behaviour toward the female.  My question is could this behaviour be an attempt at spawning and how can I tell if or when to intervene if she is saying NO and he is not understanding.

Thanks in advance

Sean Mawhinney