Re: Maintenance (was Re: N. adoketa)

Hello Gary
Good question here.  I, as you know, have been maintaining Apistogramma
Cacatuoides for minimum of 6 years, how many generations that is i don't
know, at least 6 anyways, i've also been keeping Aggies double reds for
at least 4 years now, so minimum of 4 generations there, also keep some
killies as you know, been maintaining chocolate australes for years,
longer then apistos.

As to how many tanks i keep for each species, well, i'm running 4 tanks
of cacatuoides, just thinned out my last batch of juveniles down to 4
pairs that will be my next round of breeders.  My aggies are in 2
different tanks, don't have as many of those as i do cacatuoides, also
my Viejita ll's are taking up 2 different tanks and been keeping those
going for at least 3 years now.

The other 9 species I have come and go, but these 3 species listed above
will always have homes in my fish room.    Unlike you, I have this thing
for really colorful species, I keep alot of wild caught specimens which
i know you happen to prefer to domestic strains, but I just don't find
them as appealing on a long term basis.   Am I wrong in the way I keep
things or in my taste for what I keep, maybe, but this is what I like.
Species like Borellis, Sp Puerto Narino, Norberti, Bitaeniata, Panduro,
Nijsenni, cf Cruzi, Hongsloi and Steindachneri, just don't thrill me as
much as the Viejita, Cacatuoides and Aggies do.   But each species has
at least 2 tanks for that particular species, one for breeders and one
or more for fry depending on how many fry i have availalble from each
species.

Did i ramble on too much, if I did and put someone to sleep, sorry

John Wubbolt