Blue Rams Fry`s death

Geo/Len <szucs@videotron.ca> wrote: <<<
Subject: Blue Rams Fry`s death  ??????

Good Day to Everybody

I hatch my Blue Rams eggs with a airstone in a 5 gal. tank and sponge
filter.

The problem is that my fry`s only live for 7 days and then slowly died.

I do water change a few times a week

Any idea why this is happening???????

Thanks

George>>>>

If water quality is OK, a possible cause could be gill flukes,
which typically are well tolareted by adults, but on small
fry coat the gills and slowly suffocate them. The interval of
a week is just right for them to multiply and cause problems.
A treatment with formalin+malachite green (maybe not full dose,
but 1/2 or 2/3 of it), a few days after hatching, should help them
to overcome the problem. This happens very frequently with Discus fry.

Dionigi Maladorno
dionigi.maladorno@roche.com
This message presents personal opinions which are not necessarily those
of my employer.