Re: Buying & Selling From List Members

Tim Ellis wrote:
>I know this will ruffle some feathers, but maybe it will save someone
>else some grief. There was a post to this group over a year ago called
>"Desperately Seeking Hongsloi".
>This was aimed at me and I responded by sending fish out before
>receiving funds. Big Mistake. After a year of hounding I received this
>response.

Sorry to bore you with such trivial blather, and apologize for this poor
display of private dirty laundry aired on a public forum and I would not
even bother replying if I  weren't  about to be blacklisted (guilty till
proven innocent?) ...Tim is referring to me, other than that his "facts"
are totally off. We arranged a trade deal- Tim would send me some of his
"hongsloi" offspring in return for a pair of P. taeniatus from me when they
cam up to size- no money was meant to change hands other than to reimburse
for shipping expenses. The hongsloi turned out to be a hybrid between the
rotstrich and rio cataniapo forms -this was only apparent after a few weeks
in my tanks. I culled them as I think hybrids- even interpopulational ones
have no place in the hobby- his fish were misrepresented as he never told
me this. To my fault, I never sent him the taeniatus but I had no real
impetus to either- I was to send him f2 taeniatus "lokoundje" for hongsloi
mules that ended up as toilet bowl bait? gimme a break. I'm also am a
developmental biologist early in my career and very busy- I forgot all
about it. Tim never reminded me in the intervening year and only now in the
last month has decided to send me annoying weekly e-mails. I've been very
patient with him and even decided to send him $50 (his figure) just to get
the jerk off my back and now he pulls this stunt. My patience has worn thin
and I wish he would just piss off...

If I have burned anyone else on this list- stand up and join the lynch
mob...all I can hear the crickets chirping...so I would like to amend Tim's
list:

1.Be Very Careful With Who You Deal With
>2.Get recommendations first, make sure they are a competent apisto-breeder

If you are a competent breeder (and have some REAL hongsloi), my money is
good, you can check my references:

Brian Wolinski
Kurt Zadnik
Hal Makin

sorry for this sad display...

                              Steven J. Waldron

                             http://WWW.ANURA.ORG
               "Natural History, Captive Husbandry, Conservation and
                           Biophilia of Tropical Frogs"