Wild Hongsloi

Rotstrich has been in the hobby for a long time, and I assume the German
and Czech commercial breeders have been trying to select for colourful
specimens, in much the same way as with veijita. I know rotsrich comes
from Colombia and Rio Cataniapo comes from just across the border in
Venezuala, but have there been recent documented collections of these
fish?
The German rotstrich I've seen recently seem to be losing the vivid
red/blue colour contrasts they had 2 or 3 years ago, but I wonder how
close the superb rotstrich I used to have were to the wild form. I had
fish just like the Linke photo in about 95-96.
I find a lot of the macmasteri group fish to be hard to get now, except
via Germany, as interest has shifted to the exciting new species of the
Rio Negro/Xingu etc. I know Mike Wise mentioned having guttata, but I
haven't heard much about recent imports of macmasteri/hoignei/hongsloi
/veijita or new macmasteri group fish.
Could any of the readers of German enlighten me?
Gary