Re: RE: New list member with questions...

Ive acclimatized literally hundreds (maybe thousands) of fish by the "dry method"
that Scot mentioned and to me there is no better method. I actually discovered
it through a marine fish wholesaler. Don't waste money on amquel.

>>>...never acclimatise the fish in the bag or the tank; any water added to
>the bag with a higher pH will just allow the ammonia content to become >toxic,...<<

>I read a technique once that was written by the developer of Amquel or one
>of the other water conditioner products.  Once the temperatures were >approximately
equal, he would squirt the conditioners (there were two) >into the bag and into
the tank, thhen dump the fish right into the tank.  >The conditioners would
lock up the amonia before the contact with fresh >oxygen turned it toxic.