Re: Mike Wise writing a book?

I'll chime in again here since I am just catching up on this thread. I
was wondering how practical it would be to produce a kind of flow chart
of useful morphological characteristics for id'ing. Someone mentioned
this being used in various field guides. We produced a home grown
version of such for id'ing and then sexing and aging hawks for the
raptor migration study I participate in (as a "studier", not
"studi-ee"). It has proven very effective and easy to use (which is
important when you are in a blind holding a live hawk that wants to get
on its way). I know with Apistos it would be more complex and detailed,
but such a flow chart would not even have to contain a huge number of
illustrations initially, as long as there are keys to identifying the
important characteristics.

-Dan