Re: New list member with questions...

Well the good shops (or the ones that dont want to lose bunches of fish) that
I have worked for use the dry method. Amquel will work but I have heard (pure
hear say) that it only temporarily "locks" the ammonia. Leave the fish alone
until you are ready to transfer them to their home. The less transferring the
better IMHO. Actually the guy that ran the shop were I learned the "dry method"
prefered to use his hands to transfer fish so as to avoid damaging them with
a net. When they were venemous like Fox fish and Lionfish we would scoop them
up with a specimen container and then dump out as much of the shipping water
as possible before dumping them in the new tank. We didnt always even do the
temp equalizing, but I think that part is a good idea if the difference is more
than 5 degrees F or so.