Re: New list member with questions...

Antibiotics should never be available to general public. Period.

I have numbers (well had, that paper was written about 5 years ago) to prove
that even the hospitals are losing the battle to prevent misuse of antibiotics.
If you use them you had better stockpile them (I think you should not use them
though unless the fish is really rare or expensive like these apistos) because
in the near future you won't be able to buy them. I heard a story on it tonight
on NPR. The Dr. that did the study on the huge numbers of people dying from
medical "errors" made a similar remark about usage in humans. Be very tight
fisted with antibiotics.