Piranhas (was Underwater filming of freshwater fish Was: "Amazonia"on PBS)

In a message dated 2/28/00 8:51:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kutty@earthlink.net writes:

> I'd say the locals would put Sting Rays on top of the list.  They are not
>  unafraid of Piranhas but they would be very cautious about tossing a live
>  specimen in the canoe - they flop around and snap.  You could lose a toe.

as a matter of fact, michael goulding says in his book "fishes and the
forest" that MORE people lose a finger or get bitten by piranhas OUT of water
than in the water.

as for mike's titanium jockstrap, i'd say he forgot that the back is open...
:-)

tsuh yang chen, nyc, USA