RE: making water acid - UK

right on... I have that problem now.. My ppm (TDS) went up to almost 500ppm
because of screwing around with, sodium bicarb, aquarium salts, cichlid
salts etc. My PH would vary any where from 7.5 to 6.8 within a week.
Now I have been changing about 25% of the water every other day with a
combination of tap water and distilled water. My (TDS) is down around 360ppm
and I will still try to lower this to 200ppm. I quit with all of the chems
and now only use a ph buffer type of chem. (7.5) using the prescribed amount
I have been able to control the PH to 7.28ph and am very happy with it. It
maintains the tank + or - .15ph which my fish seem to like. I might also add
that the (TDS) of this chem is ONLY 21ppm, not adding to the total dissolved
solids very much. I have also started to top off my tank with distilled
water to keep the levels dowm. Once I get to my goal I will then only change
25% of the water every other week and only top off the evaporation with
distilled.