My krib won't spawn

Hi all,

I'm new to this list, and certainly new to the world of dwarf cichlids.
Although I know that the kribensis aren't apistos, I thought I'd like to
seek your advise since they are relatively similar (or are they?)

I've a pair of kribs which I bought as adults and it has already been a
month since, and I've yet to sense that they've bonded. The female seems
to be quite keen on the male, as she follows him around the tank,
displaying to him and even help chase the rest of the fishes away while
he eats! Still, the male don't seem to be too interested in mating with
her, although he allows her to be near him. Seems like he's into a  more
platonic kind of relationship other than sexual.

They are housed in a fully planted tank of 4 ft by 2ft by 2ft , with
them are a family of 20 swordtails (5 adults and 15 teens), 50 cardinal
tetras, 2 pairs of Rams, 9 ottocinclus, 6 corydoras trilineatus and some
yamato shrimps. pH is about 6.7 and kH is 4

Question is, are there too many other fishes around? The Kribs seems to
be the most dominant pair around the tank, and they're not harrassed in
any way. Or are the pair incompatible with one another ( but they're
always sticking around each other)? How about the water chemistry?

One pair of rams is already digging nest sites, though they're always
being chased away by the pair of kribs. I can understand why the rams
don't spawn but not the kribs, since I thought that they're among the
easiest dwarf cichlids to spawn.

Any advise would be most welcome.

Cheers,

Kenny