Re: SA Dwarfs and discus?

Matthijs,
I'm sorry but I disagree with you on this.  From personal experience Discus
will, to a certain extent defend their young but are no match to the cunning
ways of Apistogrammas and a dwarf pike.  Also Cardinals, neons etc, etc will
have a field day predating on Discus fry.
Your tank is fine just now until the time comes for the Discus pairing up,
then I would advise you to remove all other species if it is your intention
to breed Discus.
Helen

>Personally I doubt that your discus would have to worry about apistos since
their
> >territories are in different levels of the tank. There would be more
territorial
> >confrontations with the dwarf pike. Mike<
>
> I think there's every reason to worry but not the worry Ted was thinking
of. Once the
> discus have spawned the other fish are in danger in a small 68G tank.
Discus are