No Subject

I seem to remember that someone on this list had a great success with a
snail-eating fish, could anyone let me know the name of this fish?

I've just tested my water prior to setting up a new tank in a new home and
have found that it has a hardness of 40F according to my (new Dupla) test
kit. Unfortunately I don't know the relationship between this method of
measuring hardness and degrees of kH, gH or ppm, can anyone let me know?