Snails

Folks,
I've enjoyed all the ways to get rid of snails on the list lately. I'd just
like to find some empty snail shells for my shell-dwelling chiclids. I tried
most local fish shops and they range in price anywhere from $1.25 to $2.50
each for medium sized shells, I don't have extra arms and legs to spare.
I've even tried finding escargot shells, but without success. The
restaurants don't even serve this fine dish in shells anymore. I was even
thinking of resorting to using 11/2" clay pots, but don't know if that would
be satisfactory, but it sure would be cheaper. I really like the
Shell-Dwelling chiclids and they are suited more to my water supply.
Suggestions would be appreciated.
Jerry F. Kasey
kaseyjms@worldnet.att.net