Re: Problems with a gift!/e-store ideas

In a message dated 3/31/00 3:16:41 AM Mountain Standard Time,
colingorton@hotmail.com writes:

<snip>> The only other problem is that one of the panels is cracked, I was
thinking
>  of siliconing another sheet of glass onto the outside, not pretty but very
>  effective, I'd think. Does anybody have any suggestion?
<<snip>

I would cut the silicone out around the inside, insert the new pane against
the inside of the cracked one, and then re-seal all the way around the
inside.  Just my preference, but it would prevent water from getting between
the two panes, and also ensure that the rest of the tank was leak-proof.
That's a lot of water to get in and have to take back out.

Bob Dixon
Cichlid Trader List Administrator
http://cichlidtrader.listbot.com