Re: Problems with a gift!/e-store ideas

Bob,

I'm confused by your answer. Think about what is happening to ancient marble
monuments around the world right now. They are disintegrating from pollutants &
acid rains in the air. Marble is metamorphosed limestone - CaCO3. Metamorphosed
limestone (marble) is denser and less porous, with larger mineral grains, than
sedimentary limestone.  But it reacts to chemicals in the same way limestone
does, only a bit slower. Would you put put limestone in a tank with soft acid
water??. Perhaps you could put an inert coating over it for protection, but most
marbles have veins, too.  I would think these would be structural weaknesses. I
wouldn't use marble as a backing without some other material (glass) as a
support.

Mike Wise