Re: Pseudocrenalibrus Nicholsi

I had this species not so long ago and as Gary said the males are aggressive
particularly with other males.  If you can it is better to have as many
females as is possible.  I would advise a minimum tank 36" with plenty
hiding places.  It doesn't have to be a "species" tank, I found they did not
harm to other fish of similar size. They spawn at an small size and I found
when the females were mouthing they stayed hidden in the floating plants.  I
would then remove the females into a "maternity" tanks.  I found though that
the females tended to eat the fry after being released on days 3 or 4 so you
have to be vigilant.  A nice species and the males when fully grown are
stunning.
Helen