Re: apisto with intestinal worms

> Has anyone ever had experience with deworming apistos - what would I use
> that I can use to treat the whole tank and not kill the bristlenose,
> whiptail and otocinclus that are in there ? I have heard that you can feed
> them food with garlic in it but this does not kill the worm it just makes
> them 'move house' because the garlic creates an unpleasant environment for
> them. I want to kill them !!!
I have used Levamisole (trade name Levacide) for successfully
treating Retroculus which had a Camallanus infection. You should
be able to get it from a vet, but over here it's only available in
500mls and above. I don't know about the availability anywhere
else. You will need to treat a few times to be sure, it can be
frustrating. Try and obtain/borrow a decent book on fish health, this
should give you treatment regimes. The TFH one by Dieter
Untergasser is worthwhile.
Pete Liptrot
Bolton Museum Aquarium
Le Mans Crescent, Bolton BL1 1SE