apisto with intestinal worms

You know what they say - less haste more care ! Well I need to practice what
I preach. I walked into my LFS the other day and saw a tank full of new
Apsitos which are very rare in this country so I bought a pair and took them
home on an impulse. Thanks to Mike & Dianne Wise I am now fairly confident
that the fish were A. sp. blaukopf. Problem is the male is very aggressive
and once he settled into his 30g tank he set out and attacked the female
repeatedly, killing her before I could separate them. Does this mean they
need to be kept in a small group like a harem with one male and 3-4 females
? Anyway, when I removed the female I decided to dissect it because I had
noticed two thin red threads sticking out of its anus. When I checked it out
it was two worms about 1cm long. When I checked them out under the
microscope the worm itself was full of small wriggling worms that looked as
if they were waiting to be released to infect the other fish in the tank.
I've also noticed these threads on the surviving male. Has anyone ever had
experience with deworming apistos - what would I use that I can use to treat
the whole tank and not kill the bristlenose, whiptail and otocinclus that
are in there ? I have heard that you can feed them food with garlic in it
but this does not kill the worm it just makes them 'move house' because the
garlic creates an unpleasant environment for them. I want to kill them !!!

Regards,

Simon Voorwinde