Re: C. Regani breathing heavy

Jay,

I am not a fish health expert but heavy breathing can be a symptom of gill flukes (?)

C. regani are fairly easy to breed, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were getting ready to breed but you will notice a lot of ritualized courtship like the pair rushing towards each other but stopping short of attacking, the female gets a really plump red belly and shoves the pink tummy at the males' face.  If you haven't noticed any of this, they is probably no imminent spawning.

If your curviceps can get about two to three feet away from the spawning site of the regani, it should be able to survive.

Vinny

Jay Cohen wrote:
Hi everyone,
Thanks for all the help so far.
The tank is still a little cloudy from the flourite, but I would also
like to point out, once again, she was like this when I got her.
Also, The female has been hanging out by the heater. I turned it up a little.
Her head is colored dark, her mid section is light, and her anterior is
dark. I don't know if this color pattern means anything as far as her
being pregnant. Her belly is a little bit pink, but not as bright as
some of the pictures I've seen.

If she is pregnant, should I remove the curviceps?