Re: Finally! A thayeri spawn!

In a message dated 4/13/00 10:01:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
kutty@earthlink.net writes:

<<
 What triggered the spawn now?
 Well, I tore down the elaborate photography scaffolding gizmo I had set up
to photograph them...they were too shy - if they saw me, they would hide.  I
managed to get some pics but not in spawning coloration.  (spawning
coloration is the same pattern but with more contrast) Other than that, I
added a mated pair of Keyhole cichlids to the tank and a bunch more dithers.
The dithers were actually a rare tetra that I saw in the habitat where I
collected the thayeri.  I saw a bunch of them in a store in Sacramento,
California (Capitol Aquarium) and I got them.

 I think the additional fish in the tank made them feel more comfortable and
that is what triggered the spawn.

The full moon strikes  again!---D