Re: A.Hongsloi

Hello George

Hongsloi is a nice looking fish.  My pair shows just the slightest bit
of red in the caudal peduncle yet i love them.   My male has incredible
fins and a gorgeous yellow breast area.

Now as for breeding them.   I have my pair in a ten gallon tank with
several terra cot pots, bare bottom, hydro sponge filter and hygrophila
floating on the water surface.   The temperature in the tank is 76F, pH
of 6.5 and hardness of around 15-20 ppm.

My pair has spawned twice in the past 1 1/2 months, i removed the first
batch of fry for fear of losing a valueable species.   They promptly
proceeded to spawn 2 weeks later.   I thought i saw the male eating the
just free swimming fry so i siphoned off the fry.   Well i didn't get
all the fry and the pair has become great parents.   Mom is toting
around about 15 fry which i didnt get out when i siphoned the fry out.
All three sets of fry are growing well and doing good.   First batch are
over a 1/4 inch long and growing quick.

Good luck with them and enjoy them as I have mine.   Dad is so nice
looking I feel he'll make a great show fish at the ACA this july.

John