Re: Laetacara thayeri

In a message dated 4/24/00 8:23:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
kutty@earthlink.net writes:

<< spawned after I crowded them enough to remove some of their nervousness.
I didn't get any babies from their first spawn but they are at it again and
seem capable of keeping everyone else at bay.  This time, however, when they
chase all the other fish to the opposite end, there will be a pair of
Keyholes with eggs waiting for them.  I dont expect casualties but there may
be a lot of torn fins.  BTW, the Keyholes spawned as soon as the pH dipped
below 6.  None of my fish were spawning for a while there but now, most of
them are at it.  May be it is the weather, may be it's the water changes or
may be just amore.

 Vinny

   i'm starting to think L. thayeri really need spacious, quiet quarters for
   them to feel comfortable and start a family.  i'm sorry all my tanks are
   community tanks and i can't dedicate a large enough tank for them.

   tsuh yang chen, nyc, USA

 --------------------
 <HEAD>
 <STYLE></STYLE>
 </HEAD>

 <DIV>I dont know...mine spawned after I crowded them enough to remove some
of
 their nervousness.&nbsp; I didn't get any babies from their first spawn but
they
 are at it again and seem capable of keeping everyone else at bay.&nbsp; This
 time, however, when they chase all the other fish to the opposite end, there
 will be a pair of Keyholes with eggs waiting for them.&nbsp; I dont expect
 casualties but there may be a lot of torn fins.&nbsp; BTW, the Keyholes
spawned
 as soon as the pH dipped below 6.&nbsp; None of my fish were spawning for a
 while there but now, most of them are at it.&nbsp; May be it is the weather,
may
 be it's the water changes or may be just amore. </DIV>
 <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
 <DIV>Vinny</DIV>
 <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
 <BLOCKQUOTE  >>
You guys  need to talk to Pete Johnson he's a Laetacara expert. Two years ago
I got him some Orangeflossen, he spawned them right  away.