Re: Chichlid identity....

Lilia,

You don't give a lot to go on. There are several dwarf cichlids from the middle
Rio Negro to the middle Rio Orinoco (range of D. filamentosus) that have vertical
stripes in the tail: A. pertensis (the # of stripes increase with size), A.
paucisquamis. A. sp. Miua, A. mendezi (only some populations), A. sp. Tiquie, A.
iniridae, A. sp. Maniapure, A. cf. regani (São Gabriel), A. cf. pulchra (Rio
Branco), and A. sp. Vierstreifen are a few with caudal stripes. The name "straw"
dwarfs and description  makes me wonder if you didn't find some Biotoecus
opercularis instead.

Mike Wise