Re: spawning triggers

I have a pair of stubborn A. Cacatoides that seem to thrive yet do not spawn.  I am looking for suggestions to get them started.  I have had them for about 10 weeks.

   They are alone in a 10 gal. tank.  The male & female seem to hang out together with little or no aggression between them.  The PH is about 6.6-7.0.  The hardness (as measured by a cheap test kit) is about 50-70 ppm.  I change 2 gallons, twice a week.  Sometimes I use tap water (neutral & about as soft as the water in the tank).  Sometimes I use deionized water (with drops added to bring it up to a hardness of about 40 ppm as direct on the bottle of electrolyte stuff that came with the deionizer.  (It is the little Aquarium Pharm. unit).

They are fed on frozen blood worms. Temperature hovers at about 78, but sometimes dips a bit below that.

  The female is mostly dark brown & looks kind of thin, but she eats heartily.

Any suggestions?

M Diller