using a python on breeding apisto tanks

Hi I posted a similar question on the aquatic plants list but here it goes:
If i use my python (water changer thing) to change water can i add tap water
to my tanks without aging? by simply letting the water that flow through the
tap to flow through a nylon bag with peat before entering the tank? or is
the just a bad idea and i should continue using aged water?

thanks
Raymond