Re: Apistogramma photography ...

Yes Simon.....the primary flash unit is on the camera and you have to be a
little careful about the angle to the front glass and the "flash-back" but
if you can avoid that you are in super shape.  I generally brace the flash
unit on top of the aquarium some how .......but when you really get
comfortable with your equipment you will be able to hold the slave in the
opposite hand (left for me) and hold and shoot the pic with the right
hand.....no hands for focus.....I know.....see below!!!

By the way......you should have your focus in such a position that you move
your head and camera in and out and then snap the pic......if you are
continually focusing you will miss a bunch of shots because by the time you
focus and hit the shoot button you will be lucky if the fish in in the same
universe. Trust me, with a little practice this works.  It all sound hard,
but I saw Vinny doing it so I figured that it was just a matter of time
before I "learned" the technique (so you don't have to think about
it.......if you have to think focus and then think click the picture it's
too late)......practice.

Have a great day...........and keep asking............

Mike

Mike Jacobs
Center for Advanced Technologies
Lakewood H.S.