Re: How 'bout that!

I remembered something about this which was brought up a while ago and I
have found the info which Mike Wise wrote about on the list 14th Sept'99.
Sorry Mike!
(Mike wrote).
I don't want to get into a lengthy discussion here on the generic (genus)
name of
the Rams. Right now Microgeophagus Axelrod, 1971 is the name accepted by
most
taxonomists. Mayland & Bork agree with Géry and use Microgeophagus Frey,
1957 in
their book. There is a question on whether this name is a "nomen nudem" or
not.
Römer's new book goes along with Kullander's contention that the name
Mikrogeophagus (with a "k") Meulengracht-Madsen, 1968 is the oldest valid
name
and should be used for the genus. Time (maybe) will tell.<<
Helen