Re: How 'bout that!

David Colin Gorton wrote:

> I don't know about you, but using a K to spell micro goes against the grain.
> Taxonomy is based on the latin language which never used K, so how is it
> possible to use this letter. I am fully aware of the influence of latin on
> the description of germanic languages (you mustn't end a sentence with a
> preposition - which by the way is BS) and totally disagree with it, however,
> we're talking about using latin spelling for a Latin name, not German for
> Latin. Most languages translate names, English doesn't. I think this is one
> case where we should, the earliest naming may have been with a K, I use and
> always will, a C.
> Nothing like being reactionary, is there.;-)
> Colin

Doesn't matter how it is spelled, the name as it is written in the first
valid description is what matters.

FYI, in the nordic countries (The author is Danish), micro is spelled
mikro.
Unfortunately Mr. Madsen wasn't very adept in English or he would have
used
micro and the confusion regarding how to spell it would be ended.

Fredrik L.