RE: Sexing of Mikrogeophagus Altispinosa

I've beed them in a 30 gal community planted tank.  The water comes
stright from my tap.  Normally it is 15 ppm GH and KH with a pH of 7.0.
The substrate is small gravel over soil.  No CO2 is added.  80 watts of
light are provided for 12 hours a day.  I didn't notice where the eggs
were laid but they moved the fry into little depressions in the gravel.
They moved the fry from one depression to another and then took
excellent care of them.  I just provided brine shrimp for the fry.  The
parents managed to raise them in this tank.  Then when the fry matured,
they bred.  The adult fish were fed beef heart and black worms.

Joe Hildreth
15 Cedar Street
Potsdam,NY 13676