Re: Keyholes

Scott, you're right.  They show little dimorphism.  Fully grown, old pairs may be distinguished by the male's slightly larger size and more elongated finnage.  When they are young, it is tough to tell them apart.   My male guards the wigglers and fry a bit more than the female - not unusual for this species I think.

Vinny

Scott wrote:
I love keyholes too, but dumb is possibly the best word for them. But they
are the funny in a pure Disney-Goofy sense. At the moment I have what I
presume are three males, however my sexing skills are not great at the best
of times, and keyholes show little dimorphism (correct me if I'm missing
something really basic here).