Re: Artificial Hatching of Ram Eggs

In a message dated 5/10/00 6:41:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
gkadar@idirect.ca writes:

<<  don't think that this is really the point.  In their natural environment
 these fish have about an hour while the sun is setting to get their
 youngsters 'put to bed'.  In an aquarium the light just snaps off.  Also,
 having lived in the Tropics, I can tell you that the starlight and the
 moonlight are very strong.  Even during rainy season there isn't the static
 cloud cover that we can have here.  Clouds pass over an area, torrential
 rain comes down for 10 to 15 minutes and then the clouds are gone again for
 a while.  It's totally different from what we experience here in North
 America around 40 to 44 degrees latitude.  That's why one always 'walks with
 an umbrella' down south.  One never knows when one will get dumped on and
 even then, it's always for tremendous but short bursts. No gentle pitter
 patter of raindrops that's for sure.

I think you've been out voted John. In my Hatchery I have three banks of
lights that go off at about 15 minute intervals, when they are all off there
is still one shoplight on, that is for a35x30 space.