Re: was belly sliders now: dying males

Hi folks

Has anyone used a product Melafix in tanks with eggs and or fry.  Does
anyone know the likely effects of this product.

The reason I ask is myself and several other people here in Australia
have had problems with males dying (usually they stop eating and go into
hiding) after spawning, in my last two cases I have used melafix and the
males have recovered in a couple of days.  It has not been a case of
female harassment that has caused the symptoms, the females in these
cases have eaten their eggs before treatment was supplied.

Regards

Steph

BTW anyone from Australia reading this with some A iniridae males to
spare please contact me off list