Re: Cyclop-eeze

All of my fish have always eaten live food. Wanting to try something touters
claimed as exceptional, I bought a 100 g can of C-eeze from Africanhut. Most
of my apistos will eat it if it is in a floating ball; about the size of a
"O".  With the fry, I initially mixed small amounts with microworms and bbs.
In the feeding frenzy they will eat it all.  If any makes it to the gravel,
the corys and plecos take care of it.

Good day 2 U,
Francine

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000 22:16:48 -0500, apisto@majordomo.pobox.com wrote:

>  So, given all the hype and counter-hype, is there any chance that the
>  maker or distributor of Cyclop-Eeze would consider breaking a can
>  into a bunch of little single-feed size trial pouches?  Maybe a
>  single gram, or so.  Or at least a teensy weensy can at a really
>  cheap price?
>
>  I hate to mention other brands of food and start ANOTHER flame war,
>  but when VibraGro came out, I bought a can and gave it a shot.  I was
>  never able to get ANYTHING to eat it, and by that I mean ANYTHING.
>  South Americans, Africans, nothing.
>  [http://www.mops.on.ca/products/FORS-93227.htm] for a peek at
>  VibraGro; interestingly, the company site www.vibragro.com doesn't
>  work anymore.  Likewise, I decided to give NewLife Spectrum [see
>  What's New at http://www.seachem.com ] a try.  I can get anything to
>  eat it, and nutritionally it seems like a good staple pellet.  I've
>  got wild-caught Dicrossus, wild Tanganyikans, and wild Malawis all
>  eating it up (not to mention Ctenopoma ansorgii . . . ).  Trying new
>  foods is a crapshoot.
>
>  I mean, reading the nutritional assays
>  [http://www.argent-labs.com/cyclopeeze.htm ], it sounds like
>  Cyclop-Eeze are worth a shot.  But if your fry/fish won't eat them,
>  then no price is low enough.  I've got a school of Espe pencilfish
>  right now that will ONLY eat Hikari Micro Pellets and BBS, it'd be
>  nice to offer them a change.
>
>  Stuart
>  --
>  Stuart Hall